Online Shopping Tips in UK: Make Your Shopping Easy
Published on: 2013/02/08
Online shopping has become prominent and even more comfortable. Instead of you visiting a store and shop for hours and wait for billing in queues, you could shop online and relax sitting at home. As such, online shopping would certainly follow the security measures in advance. According to the survey report, it is said that online shopping is the safest shopping than personal visit and shopping over the phone, as you won’t be giving your card in person.
Remember to follow some shopping tips to make your shopping easy:
- Before you start to shop online, it is very important to identify the brand and other details of the company. Check the name of the company, its reputation, customer service, registration details and contact details, when are there in the market? Check their postal, email and identification of the headquarters of the company.
- After the identification part is done, then comes the turn to find out the reputation by maintaining good track records. Most reputed companies do invite visitors to rate their products and services provided in their own website.
- The other way to estimate the reputation of the company is to verify the complaints lodged through a consumer affairs bureau. You can even speak or send a mail to the company and inquire about your first purchase.
- Gather the information regarding the turnaround time for the delivery, guarantees and billing or any hidden charges while delivery etc., before you purchase from that company.
- They come up with many guidelines to safeguard treat your information. For example, if you are not careful about the customer’s information while mailing, there may be chance of leaking the same information to the third party and you tend to get bulk mails or spam mails.
- You need to remember that while transferring the funds through the site, it’s better to go for secured websites. After confirming the loyalty of the company about purchasing, see that the transactions you do from your credit card are processed through secured websites.
- To see whether you have made a valid and secured transaction, firstly the address bar of the site would change from HTTP to HTTPs where in the letter “s” confirms the security of the site.
- You may even observe an unbroken key on the website which is secured. The other hint is you may observe the padlock image on your website representing secured website.
- Be careful while entering the details like item code, amount and wrong address, as it may end up with complications. It is always advisable to recheck the information before you send it ahead.
- In case you are left out with the option of using a credit card and it fails for some reason, see that you know the fraud protection policy offered by your credit card company. Most companies offer the policy for the purchases made your consent and even confirm by calling you immediately after a transaction is done.
Leo from UK, a Mall Manager. Writing articles is one of my hobbies. I wrote articles related to maintenance, infrastructure and now studying PPI claims